About Home Lending Pal
Home Lending Pal is using artificial intelligence and distributed ledger technology to turn the complex mortgage research and origination process into an Amazon-like online shopping experience that is financially inclusive for all. We do this by using distributed ledger technology to creates a double-blind scenario for financial review and AI-powered underwriting analysis.
We have partnered with some of the top companies in the mortgage industry to make this change happen. We understand that accomplishing this challenge requires a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Home Lending Pal team is composed of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and embrace our innovation culture. Our founders are determined to share the business’s success with the employees that help to build it.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who are willing to share in the company’s early success.
** More about our recent Seed Round**
About the Role
Home Lending Pal is excited to be expanding our Data Science and Machine Learning Team. We are looking for curious, innovative, and collaborative team members. You will consult with our internal and external stakeholders and help to design and implement machine learning solutions at scale. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated team player who can enable customers to reach their goals with practical solutions, and a thoughtful approach to introducing cultural change.
You will focus on deeply understanding important business problems in the mortgage lending space, and with the help of robust datasets, develop and deploy innovative machine learning solutions that solve challenges in a multi-dimensional marketplace. This includes the borrower, lender and the underwriting function. All development is from scratch, and each data scientist has a big impact on the team and its growth.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in technical discipline with at least 5 years of data science experience including solution design, development and deployment at scale. They should also be familiar with the Agile / Sprint software development approach to project management.
The main duties of this position are as follows:
- Deliver high quality machine learning models
- Participate in team sprint meetings, code reviews and showcase meetings with the delivery team.
- Adhere and contribute to core data science principles including planning, design, development, deployment and monitoring
- Collaborate with others in the Data Science Practice via mentoring and thought leadership.
- Produce clear and thorough technical documentation for code. Other duties as needed.
Job Requirements and Qualifications include the following:
- Have excellent programming skills in at least one language, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience coding in a professional environment
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders for clearly identifying and understanding the business problem to be solved using machine learning
- Apply curiosity when examining various datasets and determining improvements, additional data sources and best practices for making the data as predictive as possible
- Excellent data preparation skills for retrieving, transforming and working with data from various databases such as MongoDB and others
- Deep understanding of various machine learning techniques including supervised, unsupervised and semi-supervised algorithms.
- Deep understanding and experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Training and Continuous Deployment (CI/CT/CD) for data science projects
- Experience building machine learning solutions in cloud-based frameworks, preferably using IBM Watson’s suite of services
- Experience with containerization such as Docker and container orchestration servicers such as Kubernetes
- Understanding of explainable AI and model intelligence
- Business domain knowledge in Mortgage or Finance is a plus.
What We Look For
- BS/BA degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Physics or similar; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years designing and deploying machine learning models at scale in a professional context
- Highly proficient in programming language(s) such as Python, R, Scala, etc.
- Curious data scientist looking to rapidly test new ideas/algorithms on highly robust datasets
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Testing (CT) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Thought-leader willing to contribute to our internal and external open-source initiative
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance-based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- And much more to come!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Home Lending Pal manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Home Lending Pal will NOT sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.