About Home Lending Pal
Home Lending Pal is using artificial intelligence and distributed ledger technology to turn the complex mortgage research and origination process into an Amazon-like online shopping experience that is financially inclusive for all. We do this by using distributed ledger technology to creates a double-blind scenario for financial review and AI-powered underwriting analysis.
We have partnered with some of the top companies in the mortgage industry to make this change happen. We understand that accomplishing this challenge requires a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Home Lending Pal team is composed of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and embrace our innovation culture. Our founders are determined to share the business’s success with the employees that help to build it.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who are willing to share in the company’s early success.
** More about our recent Seed Round**
About the Role
Home Lending Pal is excited to be expanding our Risk and Compliance Team. We are looking for curious, innovative, and collaborative team members. You will consult with our internal and external stakeholders and help maintain compliance with state and federal licensing laws. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated team player who can enable customers to reach their goals with practical solutions, and a thoughtful approach to introducing cultural change.
You will focus on deeply understanding the licensing requirements in the mortgage lending space,
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of financial services experience with at least 1 year of direct experience in mortgage licensing. General knowledge of federal (CFPB, FCC) and state compliance requirements and upcoming changes that impact Fair and Responsible Lending, ECOA, UDAAP, TILA, RESPA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, SCRA and the residential mortgage lending industry. They should also have advanced knowledge of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE).
The main duties of this position are as follows:
- Maintain records, compile information and submit the necessary forms to various state licensing agencies to become, maintain or withdraw individual, branch and/or company licenses.
- Establish and maintain all applicable Secretary of State filings, city business licenses, and surety bonds.
- Coordinate with applicants to ensure a smooth transition to WCM while maintaining compliance with organizational policies and government regulations.
- Update and maintain licensing information in Company System of Record.
- Communicate reasonable expectations to applicants and Managers on timing of transition.
- Procure the needed information, reports and documentation to submit complete and accurate licensing packages in a timely manner.
- Monitor and follow up with licensed staff to ensure continuing education is completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports for Manager to communicate license status, renewal status of individual, branch and/or company licenses.
- Research licensing pre-requisites of new states selected for company licensing as applicable.
- Complete annual and quarterly state renewals.
- Assist with quarterly call report submission.
- Assist in administering company’s online compliance training system.
- Interface with other departments as necessary to ensure the smooth operation and growth of the Organization.
- Ensure that an environment of teamwork is always maintained.
- Maintain the highest possible level of customer service.
- Assist with daily problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Cross train for other departmental duties.
- Additional responsibilities as required or needed.
What We Look For
- BS/BA degree in a business related field
- 2+ years of experience at a financial institution or mortgage banker/broker
- Advanced knowledge of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act.
- Working knowledge of federal (CFPB, FCC) and state compliance requirements and upcoming changes that impact Fair and Responsible Lending, ECOA, UDAAP, TILA, RESPA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, SCRA and the residential mortgage lending industry.
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills required with a high degree of accuracy.
- Aptitude to work remotely, independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Time Management skills and the ability to prioritize workload based on department need.
- Flexibility to adapt and succeed in a dynamic environment and work remotely.
- Strong PC skills with mortgage software experience.
- Thought-leader willing to contribute to our internal and external open-source initiative
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance-based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- And much more to come!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Home Lending Pal manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Home Lending Pal will NOT sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.