About Home Lending Pal
At Home Lending Pal, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, conversational AI, and machine learning to increase efficiency and savings for both consumers and institutions.
Driving industry-wide process change is a huge challenge. And we understand that accomplishing this challenge requires a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Home Lending Pal team is composed of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and embrace our innovation culture. Our founders are determined to share the business’s success with the employees that help to build it.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who are willing to share in the company’s early success.
** More about our recent Seed Round**
About the Role
Home Lending Pal is excited to be expanding our Software As A Service Team. We are looking for curious, innovative, and collaborative team members. You will consult with our customers and write software to integrate with their systems. We are looking for a passionate leader, team player who can enable customers to reach their goals with solutions, and a thoughtful approach to introducing cultural change.
You will focus on building out our blockchain protocol and direct to consumer products that will transform the mortgage industry. All development is from scratch, and every engineer has a big impact on the team and its growth.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in technical discipline with at least 5 years of product management experience including solution definition, architecture and design experience.
The main duties of this position are as follows:
- Deliver high quality products.
- Participate in daily stand-up, iteration planning and showcase meetings with the delivery team.
- Adhere and contribute to core engineering design, development and testing principles.
- Collaborate with others in the Blockchain Practice via mentoring and thought leadership.
- Produce clear and thorough technical documentation. Other duties as needed.
Job Requirements and Qualifications include the following:
- Must have excellent software development expertise, communication, presentation skills and business acumen.
- Must have experience with architecture, design and integration of large scale enterprise systems.
- Must have hands-on experience with Blockchain developing with Hyperledger Fabric and Composer. Experience with development using other DLT related technologies (Node.js, Go, web3.js, Geth, Corda, etc.) is a plus.
- Must have experience with development of RESTful web services.
- Must have experience with SQL and NOSQL database design and development.
- Professional expertise in cryptography research or Security Solutions Architecture is a plus.
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and cloud-based computing (Hyper Protect) are a plus.
- Business domain knowledge in Mortgage or Finance is a plus.
What We Look For
- BS/BA degree, Computer Science major preferred
- 5+ years engineering / development experience on the back end in a fast paced, agile environment
- Ability to succeed in a startup environment
- Ability to drive a project from concept to release
- 1+ year as an Integration Engineer, or Field Engineer in a live software environment
- Proficiency in React
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Familiarity with Iterative Software Development “If it’s not in production we aren’t iterating.”
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- And much more to come!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Home Lending Pal manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Home Lending Pal will NOT sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.