About Home Lending Pal
At Home Lending Pal, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, conversational AI, and machine learning to increase efficiency and savings for both consumers and institutions.
Driving industry-wide process change is a huge challenge. And we understand that accomplishing this challenge requires a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Home Lending Pal team is composed of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and embrace our innovation culture. Our founders are determined to share the business’s success with the employees that help to build it.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who are willing to share in the company’s early success.
** More about our recent Seed Round**
What AI Experience Development team does
Home Lending Pal designs and builds conversational AI experiences to help consumer through the home buying process. This includes researching affordability, questions around different loan products, and assistance with their actual mortgage application. Our AI Experience Development (AIXD) is the team that leverages IBM Watson to create these experiences. To build the conversational AI experiences, the team uses IBM Watson as the “programming language” to craft conversational designs, curate data, train Machine Learning models and develop business logic.
There are two different roles in the AIXD team:
– Data Curation: masters the training data curation and conversation design.
– Software Engineer: designs and develops web application logic to fulfill business objectives leveraging the insights extracted from the ML models.
What you’ll do as part of our team
- Fulfill the software engineer role on the AIXD team.
- Design and develop complex business logic for specific business use cases (e.g., providing spending advice, gathering underwriting documents), and work closely with other team members to build conversational AI-enabled end-to-end user experiences.
- Conduct design and dialog reviews.
- Gain insights through project execution and drive technical initiatives and visions that contribute to the long-term success of the product and priorities of the team.
What you should bring to the table
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of professional software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages like Python on UNIX/Linux-based environments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment where goals and requirements may change frequently.
What will make you stand out from everyone else
- Experience with API design and development using web application development frameworks such as Node.js.
- Experience with relational databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM).
- Experience with event-driven programming paradigm.
- Experience with Docker-based containerization and Docker orchestration software.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing or Data Science.
- Experience with IBM Watson
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- And much more to come!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Home Lending Pal will NOT sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.